A Jar of Salsa and BeyondThursday, June 10th, 2010
What do you think of when you think of chips and salsa? The answers are endless; we serve this popular combination almost anywhere and anytime. The key of course is great salsa. Well we don’t always find we have the time to make our own from scratch. That’s okay because when you find yourself running low on time go grab a bottle of store made salsa. Don’t gasp yet because I have a lot of suggestions for you to enhance that jar of salsa. Here is a list of ways to make store bought salsa your own unique creation in a few matter of minutes.
- Add avocado, chopped fresh cilantro and lime juice
- Add mango chunks, chopped fresh cilantro and lime juice
- Combine salsa with drained and rinsed black beans and drained can of yellow corn
- Stir in chopped fresh tomatoes and/or chopped canned tomatillos
- Add chopped jar roasted red pepper, splash balsamic vinegar and chopped fresh basil
- Add can of crushed pineapple and chopped fresh cilantro
- Add chopped green onion, minced garlic and lime juice
With just a few quick and easy steps you are on your way to a great tasting salsa in just minutes!