Spring-Time, Anytime Smoothies!Saturday, March 20th, 2010
Happy first day of spring! Great weather and fun BBQs await, just be sure you have some great refreshments to share with your family and guests.
Smoothies are a great refreshing treat whether they’re shared in the morning or during a meal. Here are two great Smoothie recipes that are simply delicious!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Place the banana, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and ice cubes into a blender.
- Pour in the orange juice, vanilla yogurt, and honey.
- Puree until smooth.
Pineapple Delight Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup 1% buttermilk
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, serve immediately.